Sign in to follow this  
SkilledOne

Arma 3 Military Simulation Expansion

Arma 3 Military Simulation  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a serious arma 3 military simulation operation, serious defined as (possible training, and role-playing in missions)

• I own Arma 3 and I'm willing to commit to possible training and role-playing in scenarios.
    • I own Arma 3 but I'd rather just sign up for events and role-playin during scenarios without extra steps such as training....
    • I will purchase Arma 3 specifically to do choice #1
    • I will purchase Arma 3 specifically to do choice #2
    • I don't own Arma 3 or cannot run it currently

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Today we want to hear your opinion on expanding to Arma 3 with military simulation type game-play featuring possible training and immense role-play doing convoy operations and much much more! Let us know by voting in the poll if you're willing to commit to getting in on this awesome experience in Arma 3.

More Information:

From Leafback,

Just now, Leafback said:

SkilledOne brought this to my attention and I'd like to elaborate more on what is going on. I got the idea of creating an affiliation with an ARMA 3 group I play with and AC3S. What I feel there is to offer is bringing two groups I love together, creating a larger, although separate, group. What there is to gain, you ask? Reach Elite Forces offers a group of players who love to game together every Tuesday. They have a server and a mod package already set up, and they have experience that AC3S would have to duplicate over a considerable time. Why reinvent the wheel? While many of them only play ARMA, there are a few that like other games, games that AC3S like such as GTA and Overwatch. I feel there's excellent common ground here.

However, with this would bring some extra steps which is what this poll is about. Namely, there will be extra registration involved as well as occasional training missions. I feel that for the time being both of these are unavoidable and here is why:

On Extra signups:

So, given the fact that Reach is their own group, they have their own website, forums and TeamSpeak. Moving us to them and them to us would, I think create a lot of confusion. Right now what is happening works and I don't think the confusion of transferring forums and accounts is worth it. Maybe a combined forum system will be worthwhile in the future.

Further, these sign ups are imperative for Reach to operate well. Because of the complexity of missions, it's extremely important to know on a weekly basis of who is planning on showing up as well as players claiming roles such as Rifleman or Medic. If half the usual number of people sign up, the mission makers NEED to know. Hence, there is a weekly signup thread.

In order to not send constant spam to members who don't sign up for a significant period, if someone doesn't know for a while and gives no notice that this is intentional, the player is considered inactive so they don't get emails reminding them to signup all the time. These players are not kicked out, they are just considered either inactive or uninterested.

On Training and Boot Camp:

"Boot camp". I don't like that phrase being used in Reach as it carries what I feel are negative associations. I prefer the term "orientation". Off hand, does the average AC3S player know without Googling what the difference between a staggered-column, a line, and a regular column? I doubt this. "Boot Camp" teaches this and much, much more.

In addition to this are the mods. ARMA is already a complex infantry simulator. Since Reach is a semi-realistic group, they've added more complexity such as advanced radios and medical systems. It's important for every player to have a basic understanding on how these work. This is also why there are occasional training missions. They will teach new and experienced players any updates to mods and how to use them. They are also excellent methods to being Reach together as a group and learn to work as one.

2 hours ago, Nickolai said:

I would join the bandwagon if my CPU didn't die trying to run it.

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. lol

4 hours ago, Nickolai said:

I would join the bandwagon if my CPU didn't die trying to run it.

1 hour ago, Jaheira said:

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. lol

Yeah they're working on it, but it will probably always require a higher end processor....

SkilledOne brought this to my attention and I'd like to elaborate more on what is going on. I got the idea of creating an affiliation with an ARMA 3 group I play with and AC3S. What I feel there is to offer is bringing two groups I love together, creating a larger, although separate, group. What there is to gain, you ask? Reach Elite Forces offers a group of players who love to game together every Tuesday. They have a server and a mod package already set up, and they have experience that AC3S would have to duplicate over a considerable time. Why reinvent the wheel? While many of them only play ARMA, there are a few that like other games, games that AC3S like such as GTA and Overwatch. I feel there's excellent common ground here.

However, with this would bring some extra steps which is what this poll is about. Namely, there will be extra registration involved as well as occasional training missions. I feel that for the time being both of these are unavoidable and here is why:

On Extra signups:

So, given the fact that Reach is their own group, they have their own website, forums and teamspeak. Moving us to them and them to us would, I think create a lot of confusion. Right now what is happening works and I don't think the confusion of transferring forums and accounts is worth it. Maybe a combined forum system will be worthwhile in the future.

Further, these signups are imperative for Reach to operate well. Because of the complexity of missions, it's extremely important to know on a weekly basis of who is planning on showing up as well as players claiming roles such as Rifleman or Medic. If half the usual number of people sign up, the mission makers NEED to know. Hence, there is a weekly signup thread.

In order to not send constant spam to members who don't sign up for a significant period, if someone doesn't know for a while and gives no notice that this is intentional, the player is considered inactive so they don't get emails reminding them to signup all the time. These players are not kicked out, they are just considered either inactive or uninterested.

On Training and Boot Camp:

"Boot camp". I don't like that phrase being used in Reach as it carries what I feel are negative associations. I prefer the term "orientation". Off hand, does the average AC3S player know without Googling what the difference between a staggered-column, a line, and a regular column? I doubt this. "Boot Camp" teaches this and much, much more.

In addition to this are the mods. ARMA is already a complex infantry simulator. Since Reach is a semi-realistic group, they've added more complexity such as advanced radios and medical systems. It's important for every player to have a basic understanding on how these work. This is also why there are occational training missions. They will teach new and experienced players any updates to mods and how to use them. They are also excellent methods to being Reach together as a group and learn to work as one.

Sign in to follow this